Sunday, December 30, 2012

| Yeah, the toy expansion battle never ends

I've resorted to taking matters into my own hands as of late. Neither the kids nor the wife will let go of old toys... on the premise that someday, maybe, they will want to play with them again. Strangely, I think I might have been able to get through to Haylee just before Christmas. I took her down into the spare bedroom and started picking out toys at random from bins, boxes, storage things and asking her... when was the last time you or Bennett played with this? And the answer was never "last week", but more along the lines of "I dunno, last summer? Last year?". That shit is going to be black-bagged in short order. As will about 1/2 of the shit-holding boxes in the garage. If we haven't donated / gifted / whatevered that shit by now, we're done hauling it around for all eternity. Being able to park the cars in the garage is more important to me than holding on to a bag full of onesies or middle-school papers from 25 years ago. RAWR! lol