Tuesday, October 16, 2012

| iEbay

So I started selling a lot of my 7" records on iEbay to various degrees of success.  I decided that since I don't have a record player anymore, and they are really taking up space, why not try and get some cash for them while I am at it?  I used to go to record stores at UCI or go down to Scooter's Records, formerly Alternative Groove and buy 7" that I thought were cool.  I never thought I would make money on the deal.

It actually started because I wanted to get rid of these three Simpsons figures that I have been carting around forever.  Again, they were taking up space.  Well, I was able to sell one of them, but I am still working on two others.  Anyway, this is what I sole so far:

• NoFx - "F*@% the Kids"7" (Went for $117.50!) - Apparently, there were only 500 versions of this on green vinyl, and I inexplicably had one.  That was shocking!

• NoFx - "So What If We're on Mystic" 7" (Went for $50!) - This record was only limited to 500 with the same cover I had, and I inexplicably had one as well.  Pretty surprised by that too!

• NoFx - "Louise and Liza" 7" (NOT Liza and Louise, went for $16!) - This was limited to 10,029 copies on purple vinyl.  Didn't really even remember I had this. 

• Fugazi - "Live in Holland" 7" (Went for $8.50) - This was some bootleg that I never listened to, but it had the song "Repeater" on it.

• The White Stripes - "The Big Three Killed My Baby" 7" (Went for $10) - I don't even LIKE the White Stripes.  I can't imagine why I got this.

• Star Wars Micro Machine Battle Pack #18 (Went for $10) - I remember getting this on one of iEric's and my many treks to Target to look at toys, when it was creepy that two adult males were hanging out in the toy asile.  I think I got back what I paid for it.

• Simpsons World of Springfield Interactive Toy - Groundskeeper Willy (Went for $8) - I got back what I paid for it.

If you are interested to see what some of your records or CDs are worth, a cool website I found was discogs.com.  It will at least give you a vague idea of what someone would pay for what you have.  It's pretty fun!  I have 10 more things listed.  Hopefully they sell!