Sunday, August 12, 2012

Yeah that whole Tentacle Bento thing seemed like a totally stupid game, blown way out of proportion, giving it way more attention than it deserves. They made a ton funding it off their site. Doesn't seem to be nearly as explicit as Hentacle and indeed looks like a pretty dumb game. I'm sure you'll be able to get in a demo at the convention!

Rude -- online RPing -- yes. We need to start making that happen again. We kinda stopped on a bit of a cliffhanger there. :) Post-GenCon let's try and get a schedule going again. I'm not sure I'll be able to swing weekday evenings anymore as the kid's schedule/needs have changed a bit (plus I actually am needed somewhat around the house these days, where when she was just nursing, I honestly could've just spent all my time outside the house drinking and whoring Mad-Men style). I can get the occasional evening off for board games though so who knows? Anyway, we'll figure something out, we had a good thing going there.

System-wise, I think switching to Savage Worlds will help me a bit. I like the Earthdawn system a lot but it's one of those complex systems where the game is better off if everybody kinda bones up on the rules and knows the ins and outs pretty well, and kinda has a plan for their character progression, and who has time for that shit these days? SW is in a bit more of a middle ground and might work better. We'll see!