Tuesday, June 05, 2012

That sounds really great! I still want to run a one-off of D&D Next and continue our Earthdawn game (which has been fantastic so far) but the game you just described sounds amazing too! If it's from Goodman Games, I remember hearing about it. I think they also put out a free module on one of those "free rpg day" events. You guys are welcome to do it during the reception. Hell, do it during the ceremony on that white paper walkway thingy.

Speaking of old-school stuff, I went and bought all 8 of the Gamebook Adventures that are on there (when they've been on sale). So good! I don't think I every played these particular ones as a kid, but I know I played some form of them. These are the choose-your-own-adventure type games where you have stats and items and roll dice for combat. They're really fun! You can't really cheat on the app versions because you're limited in the number of "bookmarks" you get, but there's different difficulty levels so you can have a mostly painless time.