Thursday, June 07, 2012

I have Infiltration, but haven't tried it yet -- I'll report back once it's hit the table. I kinda doubt it'll be awesome in the same way as Incan Gold since part of that game's charm is its pure simplicity and high death toll, but it still looks fun.

I'm still pretty fired up about this Dungeon Crawl Classics game! The mechanics just seem fun, with lots of callbacks to the sources that inspired D&D (Vance, Moorcock, Howard, Lovecraft) and the art is goofy and weird. I think one of my favorite illustrations is this one, near the magical corruption tables, showing the possible (perhaps inevitable?) result of a career of magic use:















Even the module maps are sort of bizarre. They all look like maps you would have drawn while bored in Geometry class, if you were totally awesome:
















Maybe we could try for an online DCC session the Saturday after the wedding? Character creation is hella quick, and since it's pretty close to Basic D&D/1st ed AD&D, it shouldn't take long to jump right into it.