Saturday, May 26, 2012

The sale didn't go too badly! I brought a lot of stuff including four boxes of RPG books and about 35 board games. Probably sold about half the books, and a little over half the games. I also pre-sold a lot of stuff to board gamers at work or people in the game group.

This year they only let a few people in at a time, so there wasn't the frenzied rush you usually get. Made it a little slower but a good bit more manageable.

There are always some dickheads. One guy spent three ten minute sessions trying to dicker a $5 book down to $3. He spent like half an hour trying to save two dollars, hahaha. I actually enjoy bargaining on this stuff but I decided fifteen seconds after talking with this guy that I was not going to bend on that book even if it meant I ended up tossing it. He was just so relentless in his pettiness that I saw no reason to reward his behavior.

There was another jerk who would offer $1 for games and say things like "come on, I've played that game, it's worthless." Planning, I'm sure, to eBay it later or something. I didn't deal with him much but Aeryk did.

But, most people were cool enough and I walked away with some decent cash in my pocket, so hey! I don't want to do the flea market every year but it definitely is fun every once in a while.

I donated some of the stuff I had left. For my remaining RPG stuff that I don't want, I'll probably eBay the good stuff and throw the rest in a huge bundle on Craigslist for cheap. Somebody will buy that shit!