Tuesday, April 17, 2012

| Survive! Mother Lode!

There's a free version out for the iOS game Mother Lode which I played a little today. It's pretty awesome! The game is 99.9% Survive! Escape from Atlantis but set in Spaaaaace... the .1% difference is that you can "mine" on the crumbling planet with your meeples to increase their point value. Free version costs you free, so it's worth checking out.

Also, don't remember if I already gave it proper daps, but I'm realling loving Avernum: Escape from the Pit. It's a not-free $10 game, but there is a whole lot of old school iso-metric RPGing there. Another one of the publishers games was recently in one of the Humble Bundles, so that was the first one I tried. I liked it so much, I had to buy Avernum once it came out. Touch controls are good and since it's all turn-based, none of it's too clunky , other than the inherent old school inspired clunk.

Played some more King of Dragon Pass since you brought it up Jon. It's got a gnarly learning curve which I haven't cracked yet, but I still enjoy going through it even if I feel pretty blind. You get these scenarios that have multiple choice answers for you to pick - then there's also screens where you allocate resources for your clan - it's just sort of weird and unique! Wish there was a demo, because I don't think it's easy to describe.