Thursday, December 23, 2010

| short lefts, long rights

A very Actiony Greeting from the land down under! This is first time on the internet in quite a while so pardon me if my elite-speak is rusty, etc.

Notes:
- driving on the left side of the road is no joke, but I'm getting used to it. among many other factors that make it confusing is that all of a sudden the right eye is flooded with vastly more visual stimulus in the peripheral area than it is used to while driving. also the turn indicator is on the other side of the steering column, so I keep activating the windshield wipers.
- beer is expensive here. low-grade shit goes for a minimum of $17/six pack and anything decent is more like $20-24! can't wait for some of that cheap low-grade Mr Beer!
- food is very good here. what we would call "organic" here in Australia is pretty much just "normal food". for example, I've got a carton of orange juice in the fridge. it is 99.9% orange juice not from concentrate. eggs here are nice and orange and incredibly tasty. even McDonald's is really good (had a McMuffin that was, apparently, real egg, and "Chicken McBites" are hormone-free)
- kids are just as annoying here as in the states
- I went on a supervised dive trip in the great barrier reef and it was incredible. scuba diving is something I've always wanted to try and now I'm feeling motivated to get my certification. I hear Monterey might be a good place to do it -- Aeryk/Enron, any interest?
- probably won't be back online for a while, so merry xmas to all! if any of you are going to the Poop Deck/Mermaid then we will be calling in tomorrow