Monday, February 01, 2010

| Rat Catchers and Grave Robbers

I hope there's a rat catcher in the group! Then we get to use the cool unique subsystem for the Small But Vicious Dog! Sadly there is no Grave Robber career in either the core set or the Adventurer's Toolkit. If your character chooses to pursue a side career as a Ressurrectionist on the side, however, who am I to say aught?

I may be deluding myself, but I think it's pretty unlikely that Aeryk would sabotage any flavor of WFRP... although I will point out that if YOU ruin the game you are in effect getting a "twofer," it would totally destroy both of us.

Hope we have a good time! I think the system will be fun... personally, I like that's it doesn't use a combat grid. That's the main thing about 4e that I don't like. I've always felt that using grids/minis makes the combats less "real" in my head. (Note "real" in quotes, I don't really think that the characters are all actually alive and shit, I won't freak out about Blackleaf if she dies... but DON'T TEST ME ON THIS.)

Anyway, I've done most of my homework on this... probably won't have time to get through the Magic and Priest sourcebooks by then so we might have to lean on Aeryk's extensive knowledge of the Old World to carry us through that stuff.

Re Mass Effect 2: I'm glad it's so good! I'm actually having a lot of fun playing through ME1 again. It feels fresh because I'm doing two things that I have NEVER done in a CRPG before:
1. Skipping sll the bullshit side quests
2. Being a complete asshole. (ie when the blue chick started taking an interest in me, I totally shut her down, to the point of telling her NEVER to look into my past or look at my files EVER again)