Wednesday, April 15, 2009

| Space Hulk

Sheesh.

Playing a little Space Hulk a la Teardown, and I am playing probably the hardest mission ever (Mission 3 from the basic set) and I thought I was doing pretty good this time. I had control of the randomly placed CAT, I had some nice *somewhat* tight overwatch perimeter firelanes, and though I actually had a chance!

Well, in ONE TURN, I lost 5 marines!!! I lost every marine that was covering the Genestealer entry points, as well as the marine holding the stupid CAT robot. Each dead marine had 4 shots at their advancing geanstealer, and not one of them jammed, but they missed every shot. It was SOOOOO disheartening! I don't think I will EVER beat this freaking mission!

(FYI the squads start split 5/5. 5 on the right of the map, and 5 at the bottom left. The marines on the right are then split 2/3 and need to recover the CAT from an unknown location on the board, and exit out the lower left.)

I have included a fine screenshot of the evidence...