Saturday, April 25, 2009

I saw JT1 not too long ago, actually. He's doing pretty well but is job searching (including up here, and there's word he may have given an offer by a company in SF, so the slow migration of everyone I know up to this area continues). Apparently his entire division became obsolete at his company, he has been given some crazy long-term notice, and is just waiting while the axe sloooooooooooowly falls.

I saw Crank 2 last night. It was the most unadulteratedly stupid movie I've ever seen in a theater. Often just in a bad way, but sometimes in a gloriously good way (such as at one point when they cut a scene and put up a title card to cut to the exact same scene "NINE SECONDS LATER"). The amounts of stupid gore, low comedy and volume of T&A reminded me of a Troma movie. Actually if they trimmed a little of the fat from it, it would be a retarded action movie on par with the best of the seagal and van damme era. It's about 15 minutes too long (and it's only 85 minutes).

Who would enjoy this movie?
Aeryk - no
Ryan - no
Art - I'm not sure, but guessing no
Enron - no, but possibly yes if drunk
Enron's brother - YES
Motorbyke - probably not
Rudy - yes
Ja-el - yes
Pumpkin - not sure about this man of mystery's taste in stupid action movies, lots of boobs and dudes in bondage gear so I'm gonna maybe say yes?
Blackheart - no
My girlfriend - not really, she enjoys a dumb actioner but this was too much
Your Mom - was in it