Monday, April 20, 2009

| Bloody Bowels

Which is I believe the most used synonym for BB on the AT website!

I have not poured over all the possible rules yet, but from what I can tell, it is a 100% completely faithful version of the turn based game. The beta is only multiplayer, so I have only played 2 games of it so far. Initial thoughts:

1) TOTALLY AWESOME league tracker tool with league options and SUPER AWESOME stat tracking! Not only do you track the stats for your standard star player points, but you track yards gained from passing, rushing, times ko'd, failed armor saves, etc. That alone makes this a must buy for sports nerds (I'm looking at you Ryan and my bathroom mirror).

2) nice graphics, and a perfect aesthetic throughout the game.

3) I don't ever see the use for different camera angles. Who would ever thing to play BB isometrically? It just doesn't make sense when so much of the game is calculating exact moves, spaces, distances, tackle zones, etc. I moved my camera to be probably 80 - 90 directly overhead, with a little angle behind my players for that nice 3D-looking across the board view. This will not change my decision to buy the DS version, but the bummer about the DS is it is ONLY isometric, no camera changes, whereas the PSP/PC/360 can all change the view.

4) I am buying at least two versions of the game, one static and one mobile. Which combination remains to be seen. DS is the DS so it is awesome, PSP has camera angle changes, PC will be faster to navigate with the point and click and possible downloadable patches/add-ons, the 360 will be awesome for integrated chat and the method of controller choice if the real-time version is any good.

I could ramble on, but most of what I say will not be interesting, so I will stop here and hope that I am not kicked out of the beta because of the AT intellegence leak....