Monday, April 27, 2009

| Bloodiest of Bowels

Played two games this weekend with Denis and am totally warming up to the game more so than I was earlier. The controls make total sense, it is fun, and each game I am mostly engrossed with the occasional lack of interest when it hits like the 3minute mark of my opponents turn. Good stuff.

I am fairly convinced I will need 3 version of the game, which is sad, but to cover all my BB bases with friends, I will need the 360 version, I need the DS version for the can and before bed, and I think the PC version is where it will really shine.

I can't complain because it is a free beta, but our second game was disconnected from the server about 3/5 of the way through. In this game on the first move, of the first turn, my ogre went for a two dice block against a blitzer, rolled skull/both down, took a re-roll, rolled double skulls, failed his armor and was badly hurt - fortunately no lasting effects, but it certainly set the tone for the game and I was to play it with only 10 players from that point on.

I had eeked out 2 TD's by the time the tide had changed and Denis' team, the Lynonesse Vespas, started to steamroll me (apparently they thrive when they are not under pressure). His combination of just ridiculously ill advised, and heroically exciting, moves crushed me and my teams spirit and int he last turn of the game he pulled out the victory! In the end I think I had 8 players on the pitch and two serious injuries (to add to my two -1 STR injuries from the last game we played). And since there was the server disconnection, we got to finish the game, but the results and none of the stats were saved. It was all just a dream.

Good times. Oh yeah, did I mention that my thrower was sitting out from an injury suffered at the hands of Rudy for Denis and I's first game, and the fans and announcers were still so enamored with the fellow, he was awarded the MVP of the match for riding the pine? He also won the MVP for the game he was injured played and forced him to miss the next game. Awesome.