Tuesday, November 25, 2008

| Big, fat, whiner

Played a little L4D last night with Rude. We played the co-op/team game where half the players get to be the infected, and the other half get to be the survivors. You play until either the survivors are killed, or they escape that particular map.

Not knowing how to play, and not really playing any competitive multiplayer online games in years, I totally fell back into my competitive mindset of old, and got really frustrated and whiny about how bad our team was losing and how ineffective I was throughout.

On the last map, I was killed in the first 2 minutes and since it was the finale, I just had to watch the rest of the gang play as there is no respawn point. I was mad, but then watching the heroics on display by the survivors and the sneaky-ass tricks by the infected I found a way to escape my old mindset and was ready to play again!

Of course we signed off at that point, but I just wanted to relate how L4D let me confront some of my gaming demons and exercise them! Hooray!

Because the bottom line is: it just doesn't matter anymore.

I look forward to some possible vs. co-op tonight! See you all (well, Rudy) on the 360 tonight at 9 - 9.30!