Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thanks again for the game! I love me some Nethack but have never been competent enough to get even 30% through it, so hopefully this one will be a little more approachable! Is the main character an ampersand?

Agreed on Tropic Thunder. Good, silly fun (and a lot funnier than the trailers made it look). It reminded me of going to see some dumb comedy in high school, or maybe the old Ben Stiller show. I was chortling for most of the movie and there were several laff-out-loud moments. I mean a movie where even Rudy likes Tom Cruise a little bit, has to be pulling something significant off....

Well Aeryk, congratulations in your goal, you've succeeded in what we all know was your TRUE motivation: getting not Enron, but ME to sign up for WoW again. I got the 1 gig of patches downloading just before I left for the airport, so perhaps tonight I'll sign up and finally turn over stewardship of the Action Team to you.

There are some handy little apps coming out for the iPhone. Unfortuately most of them cost money, but there are some good stupid free ones. For example I got a WoW character lookup app. That's a nice Mithril Heavy-bore rifle you've got there Doc! There's also an app that turns the iPhone into a "rain stick" and another one where you start the app, then put the phone in your pocket and every time you jump it makes the "boinng" sound from Super Mario Bros. These are glorious days!

Anyone catch the Biden speech from yesterday? Personally I thought it was a very exciting speech. I have been feeling positive about the election in general but I really feel like this dude will bring a lot of verve to the fight against ol' "I forget how many houses I have POW POW POW" McGee, or whatever his name is.