Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sorry to hear about the car Rudy. Hit and run is the worst, you can't even vent your rage on someone. I was actually thinking about getting a Smartcar as well. It's between that and a Miata. Provided I save up enough money first.

About the con, Peter and I booked a flight on Southwest. We fly into SFO on thursday night. And there is indeed free shuttle service to and from the hotel. Airfare was about $170 (we booked through the Southwest website).

Loremaster Bob Gopher Slayer (and anyone else interested) - I heard 4th ed D&D is going to be released with online support (DM/player tools, online game sessions with voice chat, etc.). And the killer is that they plan to charge a subscription fee. Their rules are moving more towards miniature mechanics. More structured, less imagination on the players part (like video games). On top of that they are jumping on the WoW business model. I refuse to pay to download a patch or expansion for the book I bought. I say boo.