Monday, March 10, 2008

I think Jon's in Costa Rica for the week on a vacation - I took his ass to the airport.. maybe "costa rica" was just a codename for his true destination... (insert joke destination here.)

Yeah Johnny, I'm no king of market research or anything, but when I was working downtown last year I worked with this old lady that's a food con-a-saurus and she knew the history of pink berry and where that style originated and all that shit. Pretty interesting. But just as an example I could see the short while I was down there, Pink B opened: big line of people for over priced yogurt. Just like the old days with Penguins (remember that shit!?) Then right nearby another spot opened (different name, same shit) then a few others popped up. And THEN (and this is in the space of a little over a year) some of those places were already closing down! I think it was just like EXPLOSION and fizzled out, at least in my area. ALSO, I remember when it was getting popular here a bunch of news channels starting running stories on how unhealthy that shit was lol. Propaganda! But I think that hurt business. I dunno. I don't know what the scene in PI is like, but I'm sure if you opened up one of those places it'd do well enough, I assume.

Speaking of random franchises: Last year when I was in New York there was this RANDOM spot in Little Italy called Rice to Riches (haha) that was a friggen RICE PUDDING place all bright and obnoxious like a P-Barrys. I think it was the only one but it totally felt like a franchise and it was a trip. And tasty as hell, but you KNOW that shit ain't good for you. But SOOOO friggen tasty. And they had a lot of people there. Here's the website: Rice 2 Richez - If you guys are ever in NY you GOTTA try it. Friggen delicious. But since it doesn't even seem the LEAST bit healthy, I don't see it blowing up like here in Cali.