Monday, March 10, 2008

| Eric: America's God of War

Everyone knows how much Eric LOVES war and war games, so I totally thought of him this weekend. I watched a fuck-ton of documentaries on World War Deuce.

First series was on Aww-switch (I can't spell it or be bothered looking up the proper spelling.)It was interesting and pretty messed up. The whole history of the facility and it's purposes before becoming the infamous death camp.
Crazy shit man.

The second series I watched was called "War of the Century" and was aboutthe Eastern Front - Germans vs. Russians. THAT shit was insane. Assholes on both sides and who got fucked the most? The civilians of course, from all sides too. Jeez. They were talking about the "partisans" - like the russian gorilla fighters
and those dudes were pretty fucked up even against their own people. And then german reprisals. ALL bad. And what was nuts about both this documentary series was they'd have interviews with officers and soldiers and MOST of them were just "meh, yeah I shot kids." Like, not a whole lot of remorse. Like one dude was talking about a bunch of enemy soldats who surrendered and how they shot them up while the dudes were crouching on the ground.

Also, lots of footage I hadn't seen before. FUCK, war is bad. But how civilians really bare the brunt of all this bullshit, totally made me think of A Song of Ice and Fire. OH YEAH.

JAH-KNEE: I dunno dude. The trend for those Korean yogurt spots was a real quick flare down here - burned itself out pretty quick. I think we had Pink Berry and one called Red Mango or some shit, and they got SUPER popular and then tried to expand and I think
they got burned in the process.