Sunday, November 18, 2007

That was hilarious. I couldn't bear to watch the video, but I listened to the whole thing....

I saw No Country For Old Men, the Coen Brothers' new movie, today. Daaaaamn. It's really brutal, and very good. There were some really strange choices about the storytelling in it (well, one, really -- but it's a doozy) but they really make it work. Definitely up there with their best stuff, even if I won't see it a billion times like Big Lebowski or Raising Arizona.

Also saw American Gangster recently -- another really good one.

I also, and this will make Eric proud I think, picked up the DVD set of Flight of the Conchords. Holy shit, this show is HILARIOUS. Even more bizarre than the music clips make it seem like (although they're always the highlight). I especially liked the one where Jemaine keeps insisting Bret is bulimic. And that putting a wig on him while he was asleep, and spooning with him, wasn't gay, because he was pretending he was a woman.