Sunday, October 28, 2007

| Guitar Hero III: An Early Take

I have the PS2 version and as is my standard rocking out procedure, I play though the game on hard first so that I can see all the songs before getting stuck on any of them and getting frustrated. So far I have rocked 30 though the 42 basic songs and am relatively unimpressed.

I know you gotta stick the crappy songs somewhere, but so far I have played:

Tier 1: Starting Out Small
1. Slow Ride (as made famous by Foghat)
2. Talk Dirty to Me (by Poison)
3. Hit Me with Your Best Shot (as made famous by Pat Benetar)
4. Story of My Life (as made famous by Social Distortion)
5. Encore: Rock and Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)

Tier 2: Your First Real Gig
7. Mississippi Queen (as made famous by Mountain)
8. School’s Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
9. Sunshine of Your Love (as made famous by Cream)
10. Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)
11. Boss: Tom Morello’s Original Boss Battle Recording
12. Encore: Bulls on Parade (by Rage Against The Machine)


Tier 3: Making The Video
14. When You Were Young (by The Killers)
15. Miss Murder (by AFI)
16. The Seeker (as made famous by The Who)
17. Lay Down (by Priestess)
18. Encore: Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)

Tier 4: European Invasion
20. Paranoid (as made famous by Black Sabbath)
21. Anarchy in the U.K. (by The Sex Pistols)
22. Kool Thing (by Sonic Youth)
23. My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
24. Encore: Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)

Tier 5: Bighouse Blues
26. Holiday in Cambodia (as made famous by Dead Kennedys)
27. Rock You Like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)
28. Same Old Song and Dance (by Aerosmith)
29. La Grange (as made famous by ZZ Top)
30. Boss: Slash’s Original Boss Battle Recording

Meh. None of these songs are all that memorable, nor interesting to play. At least on hard, maybe expert will liven things up a bit, but I am certainly not fulfilling any RockStarDreams by pretending I am in AFI, or Sonic Youth, or Aerosmith in the 70's.

I know the best is yet to come, and I don't really know what there is left, I mean I do know a few but not all, so I am at least still hopeful.

I do think the Co-Op Career mode sounds cool!