Wednesday, August 29, 2007

| The Giants Are Not A Good Team

I went to a Giants game today (won a ticket at work, got to basically take the whole day off to see the game -- sweet). They got shellacked 8-0 by the Rockies. Wow, they're terrible. It reminded me of my horrible year in Little League. Remember how sometimes you get to swing until you hit? Trust me, that's not a blessing, it's a curse. Because the more you miss, the more frustrated you get. I remember having to swing like 11 times to hit the fucking ball one time. So, I know baseball can be a frustrating and difficult sport. The main difference is, I was not being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for my baseball skill.

I mean the Rockies didn't even seem to be that good either.

At one point someone from Colorado hit a ball to mid-left field and Bonds dove for the ball, and just completely whiffed it -- like, he dove eight seconds too early. On the train back I was listening to some bummed Giants fans and one of them was like, "Well, at least I got to see Bonds dive for the ball. I never thought I'd see that! Sure, he missed, but at least he tried!"

Wow.