Saturday, July 07, 2007

So I went and saw Transformers today. Not bad, not bad, I guess.. but a bit disappointing, yeah. The effects were amazing and the CG was top notch (all done by industrial light & magic, as I understand it). The plot and acting, however... holy sweet baby Jesus.. so bad, corny and hokey. Even with that bad script, I would have given it an A- or B+ still, except for the last expected 'epic' battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron was.. well.. just not there. All this huge build up and then ... no payoff. Kinda strange.

Anyway. Probably worth seeing in the theater, just go with limited expectations.

AND.. last night, took the wifey to see "Knocked Up", done by the same folks who did 40 Year Old Virgin, I guess. We laughed the entire time.. it was very, very funny. Not exactly a pinnacle achievement in film making history, no. But there is definitely no shortage of laughs. Good times.