Thursday, February 09, 2006

April 1st! FaJesus!

Wow. That's coming fast. Hang on tight, brother, because it just keeps going faster. Haylee looked at me the other morning (after climbing up on the dining room bench to sit at the table.. WTF!), pointed at the bowl of oatmeal in the middle of the table and said 'OATMEAL', matter of factly .... I seriously had to stand there for a minute and process the fact that my little kid actually said something to me in English, that she understood the connection, and was asking me for oatmeal, specifically. It was a surreal moment. Heh.

If Wylie and Haylee did get married, what would that make us, exactly?

ABSOLUUUTELY NOTHING!!

/spaceballs

The coffee thing was more of a meet basic grading criteria project, and try to have some fun doing it. I actually have updated the file to a near-complete state. I just need to screw with some of the timing on the frames and I'm through with it. Here:

edit: it ain't linking.. can't figure it out and I'm too tired to screw with it.


But, seriously.. hanging out on Mondays works fine for me. I have a 4pm class that I have to leave for at about 3:25-ish to make on time, but other than that, my day is pretty well open. We could chill during the day and you could either hang in the computer lab at the campus or meander off on your own for a few hours (class is over at 6:50pm). Then, dinner and more intercourse.

Which weekend are you coming up, exactly? (BTW.. the "other" mystery guest seems to be a no-show.. so conflict of schedule would seem to be a non-issue).

Game development moves forward! We're almost done with a functional proof-of-concept demo level. The basic geometry is complete, I believe the character creation screens are completed, and the newest character-model (Global Peace Authority Rifleman) and the latest weapon, the FA-112 are being rigged and animated as we speak. All the hooks for skill modifiers and whatnot aren't in place just yet, so there will be forced data for some of the HUD functionality and character values. But, it looks like both the GPA and MDF HUD layouts are about done at this point, and now we're really just banging away hard on producing props of all assorted sizes and flavors and on texturizing the main building. There's a pretty sweet defensive-mounted laser turret that's been completely modelled and textured, too. Can't wait to see that bad boy in action. There's also a couple of "fun" suprises in store for the level too. Weee!