Tuesday, September 06, 2005

News Flash: My Girlfriend Did Not Murder Me for My Birthday

She was being mysterious about what we were going to do. Aaron's theory was that she was going to slit my throat, stuff me in her mattress, and then flee town. Things didn't work out that way, and I can't say that I'm sorry.

Instead we went up to Mendocino, which is a small town on the cliffs near wine country in Northern California (about three hours north of SF). It was my first time north of SF since I was a kid and I really recommend the scenery. Very pretty, picturesque beach town with lots of old houses, old water towers, and weirdly enough lots of free-standing wooden towers. A mage community perhaps? Time will tell.

On the way back we stopped at a few wineries and sampled the free tastings. Naturally this led to us spending (5x) dollars on wine, where (x) is the amount I meant to spend. Actually, the damage wasn't too bad. We got a couple of reds and I also bought this tasty sparking wine (ie, champagne) with the rationale that it would be the perfect excuse for a snooty wine and cheese party. Anyway yeah I'm all snooty now, I like being snooty. Snooty, snooty, snoot snoot.

I also talked her into taking the long way back home, which led through Berkeley, coincidentally near the game store. Ah, if only my relatives knew that I am spending my birthday money on basically the same shit that I spent it on 15 years ago. Actually I think they all still think Dungeons & Dragons has something to do with Satan, they just don't care much 'cause they're all New Agers.

Also I forgot to mention that on my actual birthday we went out with Aaron & ladyfriend to a Moroccan place. I had never had that kind of food before and it was phenomenal. Great meat + belly dancing equals good times. Thanks for coming Enron and say thanks to Eye-May as well. It took the sting out of the hideous beast that is aging. Also, I will get my jacket on Sunday I guess. Then we went out drinking with auxiliary Action Team member Leatherboy for a while.

So, yeah. I didn't go to work today because I felt like complete shit this morning, headachey and coldy. I am starting to feel better though, so I might go out and use some more birthday money on the Firefly box set. And some Depends. They're diapers. Hooray, diapers!

PS Sorry about your kitty Eric. Hope he gets better.