Saturday, September 10, 2005

Happy Birthda*BLAM* *BLAM* BLAM* !!!1!one!

On thursday rolled out solo to see a Ted Leo & The Pharmacists show at the El Rey. Fuck, they're really good live. Fuckin' awesome show! Opening bands were kinda weesh:new york - hipster - indie rock bands, but Ted Leo fuckin' killed it. Cop the albums: Shake the Sheets and Hearts of Oak! (Or d/l them Oo) I wasn't super familiar with the older stuff, but it was still a great time. Highly suggested if you guys get a chance to see them live and/or get the cds.

City Of Gyros - Hmm. Think WoW really ruined me for all other MMOs. Played City of Heroes for about an hour today and while it seems pretty cool (and I bet it was insane when it came out) it got kinda boring fast. Which is a good thing though - don't need another WoW addiction. Will give this a casual chance over the 30 day trial. If anything, was $30 bucks and I've spent lot more than that on a typical trip to a bar.

WW2 Online - whoa, is it a lot different? I liked that game ok. I think if I was more a sim-buff I might get into it (with the planes and vehicles) but yeah - it always seemed kinda stiff to me. Guess FPS's got me all jaded on movement for troop based shit. Will check the website later for sure.

*BLAM*BLAM*BLAM*