Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sweet, Sweet, Shakeycakes

Art had painted up a not so manly dwarven squad as his first painted squad of minitures ever. JP just decided he was going to go into dick mode and ride Art about it like he was a dirty TJ whore. Started asking him, "That's just the base coat right?". He was ruthless about it. I mean weeks passed and it was still a topic on his mind. Unfortunately, by then some of the other nameless action team members jumped on the "Just the basecoat" bandwagon. I do believe that JP or Elzar coined the name for the squad, "The Rainbow Squad". As always JP was both relentless and funny as hell.

And there you have it. Coincidently, Art was on one other occasion tormented through his minitures. The oft forgotten "Flamming Asshole" miniture that my father and artist friend Robert modified. Drunk and disordly, they came home at 11pm on a Saturday, beat me and Art with a shoe while we were sleeping on the "Couches of Death", declaring that, "If I have to be up, you have to be up" and proceeded to paint an "Eye of Sauron" asshole on one of Art's elven minitures.

These two evenets left Art forever scarred. That is why he likes the Raiders. To hide his pain and feminine tendancies under a thick vaneer of manly Silver and Black. Well at least that makes a better story than, "My father I used to watch Raiders games. We even went to some".

D>M>