Thursday, May 05, 2005

Who lives is a pineapple, under the sea?

I went and saw New Order and Chemical Brothers in concert on Friday. I'll tell you what, New Order, as cool as it was to see them in concert, are definately a studio band. No energy or passion on stage, vocals were just way too weak and a little rough/out of sync. All their guitar work was a little rusty, but hey the synth work was great.On the other hand I expected chemical brothers to be boring in concert. I mean DJ work isnt the most exciting visual work on stage, especially at any distance over 20 feet. It is more about the music. However, their visual effect show was great. A lot of sweet projected videos and sophisticated stage light show. Not at all what I expected.

Props to the referrals research. I really like the motobyke one. Too about Ry with the quote.

Rude: You are driving to the con right? Would you be adverse to David hitching a ride with you and spliting the cost? Homeboy really wants to come but he can not shell out 150 for plane tix.

Elzar: Hows the WFRP coming along? I was seriously drooling over the players handbook at Borders yesterday. Almost bought it and then I came to my senses. Like I am poor n' stuff. Boooo. Maybe I will buy it at the kh0n as my one big purchare of merch.

Pen Jotersen: Rebates are bunk. I seriously think they try and make the process so unpleasent that purchasers will shy away from actually completing the rebate. A sub-conscience aversion and procrastination two pronged offensive. Yet, most people will buy the product based on the subconscience draw of the lower price. A lose, lose scinario. I think the rebate disbursement rate is something like 10-20% of total sales transactions. Cockballz.

Spounge Bob, square pants!