Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Eric told me Mike is gay! (As in happy)

Soooo... despite my budgetary problems, I ordered the Doom boardgame. Way to be financially responsible Jon. It came yesterday and I busted it out with my roommates. It's a zombie-blasting, marines-usually-get-killed good time, and I think you guys will like it. Maybe even Denis if I paint up the miniatures?

I also got the Puerto Rico expansion, so hooray!

I've heard enough good things about Buffy that I've been meaning to get around to watching it. I watched a few episodes from Eric's Season 1 box set back when I was housesitting, and just couldn't get into it. But my understanding is that it really takes off with Season 2.

The Buffy RPG is the darling of RPG.net. Those guys swear by the Cinematic Unisystem the way Roman Catholics swear by their precious Panzerpope. I haven't looked at Buffy or Angel, but I have a few other Eden products and they always put out really quality stuff (in addition to publishing some fantastic short fiction!).

Eric: now that you've spent more time with the new WFRP, what do you think? Is it worth picking up?

Bagels and coffee make for a good breakfast.

The first season of Deadwood is really good.

That's all for now.