Monday, April 12, 2004

Hey Myke, NWN is a lot of fun to some, not as much fun for others. I played around with it a good bit but ultimately found more entertaining things to do. They did a good job of heaping in lots of 3rd ed features and functionality, but the plot in the main game was not very engaging.

When games are complex, I like good plots. (Eg, Planescape: Torment, aka "Most Text In A Game Evar.") When games are brainless (eg, Diablo) I don't care about the plot much one way or the other. If I need to put serious brainpower into a game, then I need to be drawn in. NWN was just at the complexity level where it needed a good plot. It didn't have one. So, I quit.

I was intrigued by the idea of DMing it online, but after a lot of fooling around I concluded it was a lot easier to use IRC or something like Open RPG.

Happy belated Eastar!

Ryan! Are you still interested in divesting yourself of your old iPod, or have you found another home for it?