Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Jon, I worked at Left At Albequerque when I was living with Eric down in Irivine. Pretty good food, pretty shitty company to work for. It was so very corporate and everyone was so anal... made me realize why I hate working for the restaurant industry. They treat their employees like they are indispencible. I used to get royally screwed on a regular basis on tips. I would work my ass off and still end up with pennies because all of the favorite employees would be assigned all of the good sections and all of the good shifts.

Needless to say, I am boycotting all LAO restaurants. On a side note, I am reading Fast Food Nation albeit at a snail's pace. Truly, very eye opening. The corruption and drive to make a buck on the stupidity and ignorance of the consumer is astounding. Doesn't keep me from my Taco Bell, though... nothing will.