Sunday, December 07, 2003

Sure.

Hey man, you don't need alcohol to have fun with your friends....

I've been busy doing prep work for my (most likely not-going-to-happen) GMing stint at GenCon. I'll have two things prepped. Since I'm concentrating on learning the Savage Worlds system right now, I'll probably run both things with that. I hope people don't think they suck.

One is an SW conversion of a classic Deadlands adventure, "Night Train." I fully expect everyone to die except for Aaron, who will be paralyzed but rewarded by grateful townspeople with a wheelchair built of railroad ties and Indian skulls, while being knighted by Pliny the Edgar.

The other is a combat-intensive sci-fi scenario. This will be a good "play if we have time, who cares if people drop in and out" game.

From the depths of rpgnet...

I found the following post amusing, in a thread about bad GM's (slightly edited):

Well, I've seen a lot of people list 'Pet NPC' as the biggest peeve of theirs. My problem with it came when the GM's PNPC staked me in the final confrontation between my character and a corrupt Elder in our four month Vampire game. Then the NPC diablerized him (for non-vampire players, it's when a vamp kills another vamp and drains his power)

That wasn't the worst part, though. I can have my character be betrayed and suffer downfall as long as it's dramatic or partially logical and this was, for the most part. No, the worst thing about it was when our ST stood up to get snacks and we noticed his blatantly visible erection. ... I drew my own conclusions and left about six minutes later.