Friday, November 14, 2003

I've now spent most of the day watching a computer think...


Oh the fun of watching a little bar get filled up to 100 percent and then starting over again at 0. That has been my life today. At least I can breathe properly for now -- been fighting a cold forever now. (What a surprise!) Anyway, the Matrix Revolutions: I thought it was an appropriate ending for the saga, and suppose that I feel the whole three movies centred on 'choice' and 'agency' as their moving aspect, rather than good character development -- obviously. The point is that the people in Zion are just as much controlled by their worlds as those in the Matrix, and that, in essence, it really doesn't matter that much. At least that was how it seemed to me. 'We're all here to do what we're all here to do.' Neo does that, and fulfils the systemic needs of the Matrix. Did you notice the name of the big thing at the end that Neo talks to? (Trying not to ruin it if someone hasn't seen it yet.) Deus ex Machina == the god from the machine. Interesting. I guess I found all of that so interesting that the CGI heavy, acting poor, storyline weird aspect of the last two movies hasn't bothered me that much.


Anyway, those are my two cents.


Myke