Saturday, December 14, 2002

(sound of wind howling)

Hello! Well, it's been a relatively eventful few days. I visited my doctor, peed in a cup, paid him to stick his finger up my arse... and then we went to his office. Ba-dump-chh! So, we cleared up the problem as not being a heart problem (have you had an ekg before? it's fun!), but it is not really acid reflux either. Instead it is a mysterious condition called "dyspepsia" which is indeed stomach-related but is not standard heartburn. It also seems to come and go on its own. Hooray for mystery pain! Anyway he told me pretty much to stay away from caffeine, spicy foods, and alcohol. These three things comprise perhaps 85% of my diet, so I'm not too sure how that will go.

Tomorrow I'm going camping in the Anzo-Borrego desert. Should be fun although it might be freakin' cold. If I turn out not to come back then it's likely that Jordan and Matt buried me in the desert somewhere and I'd thank you guys to kick their asses for me in case I can't do it from beyond the grave. I know Matt is tough but that's why you have to work your way up improving your skills by fighting the mini-bosses like Zangief and King Hippo. HINT: Punch the mailboxes to reveal delicious turkeys.