Saturday, October 19, 2002

Movilicious

I went to see Lawrence of Arabia a couple of weeks ago on the big screen. Saw it at the castro. A classic old theater in SF. That movie was damn good. I had never seen it before. I tried to watch it with Joel (I think it was one of his favorites) but every time something came up and it didnt happen. I can see how that movie presents itself much better on the silver screen than on TV. The huge panoramas and the visuals were just amazing. Saw spirited away last weekend. It was pretty good. I suggest seeing it in Japanese with the Eng-a-rish subtitles. That way you can avoid the annoying whines and screams usually accompanied by Anime that only happen in the English versions. As one would expect (Japanese anime plots are so odd sometimes) it was a bit bizarre movie but pretty fun.

Macs can be quite comforting at times. It is almost uncanny. You sit at one for a while and then you want to buy more of them. Maybe Steve Jobs has brain washed me. Wierd. I really would like to play with Mac OS X. I hear 10.2 is really nice and actually a much more polished OS then the previous releases. Mac OS X is everything that a lot of power users cried for in Linux so that it would get mass market acceptance. Power user functions/commands based on unix with a UI even ma and pa can use. To bad it probably will not get the kind of acceptance that windows boxes get. I guess MicroCroft will eventually add the features in Mac OS X in a half ass manner 6 years from now.

I like Sleep