Monday, December 02, 2013

| The Bat-Man and Little Al

Last night at work, for whatever dumb reason, I was going down a Batman wikipedia rabbit hole, and I heard about the Batman script that Frank Miller wrote for Darren Aronfosky in 2003, I think.

It sounded horrible. It was "Batman Year One", which is a good little series going over Batman's first year. But in this new version, Batman is basically homeless. Alfred is a mechanic called Little Al. I started reading it, assuming I would hate it, but I read the WHOLE DAMN THING! I left work a little late because I had to finish it.

Would it have been a good movie? Maybe. It would have been interesting at least, but I think Christopher Nolan's Batman was a better route to go in the end.

It's hard to tell what rating they were going for. I guess PG-13 because, while there are a few "fucks" here and there, there's even more "freakings", which are super out of place. And it's ultra violent. And Frank Miller seems to have a thing about WHORE as he uses that term a lot - and not even in dialog. Just like in description lines. "Cheap dirty whores get out of The Bat-Man's way." He sounds like an asshole.

Anyways, it was a good read! I'll link it RIGHT HERE if you wanna try to read through it. I can see why it wasn't made, but it's not a bad story.