Sunday, October 13, 2013

| No, I'm not dead.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family, awesome news indeed.

jr0n, what "b" word are you referring to? Bastard? Boner? Ball-washer? Bald? Boutonnière? Blumpkin? Blue Waffle? Brony? Björn? Curious minds want to know.

In other news, my dinner last night was every bit as brilliant as I expected:



Some of you may had heard me talking over the past couple of trips that my manager's departure was imminent. Well, she put in her two week notice back on September 12th, her last day was the 26th. As a result, I have been overwhelmingly busy at work, covering the job of two people since the 19th or so. She really had to go hands off on a lot of projects and push them to me, plus she got short-timers disease really bad. The upside is that I have been promoted into her position. The downside is we are just starting interviews this up-coming week for replacing my old position. Our company is slow to generate offer letters. At best, it will be 4 weeks before I have someone in that seat. So I will probably continue to have my head in the clouds for the next month or two.

To be honest, the stress has been relatively well contained, but the mountains of work are just frustrating without the personnel to handle it. The one thing that has me nervous is we have a high level executive coming by, the corporate head of investments. We are an investment company so... eeek. He effectively is my manager 5 tiers above. So we have been scrambling trying to make the property minty fresh.

Also, the sunset last Sunday:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

D>M>