Friday, September 27, 2013

| Oh, You Two and Your Ways

I haven't had much to contribute.

Musings vol. XVXXIMM06

 - Been playing through Pathfinder with the sexy Dad neighbor, and it has been okay.  It's better, but still sort of lacking.  Like a lot of RPGs, I think it would be a better vehicle for laffs with the Action Team vs. a great game.  I'm having fun, we're having some challenges, the characters definitely play differently, so maybe it's just a matter of playing it exclusively too much and having too many marathon sessions, but I'm not horribly looking forward to playing it anytime soon (though I probably will).

 - Hockey starts soon, so all you burgeoning stat nerds, get on the fantasy hockey train!  I'm not playing this year, unless some of you fools want to get something going.  I just don't expect I will have the interest on keeping up this season given other life/work commitments.  But I can be convinced otherwise!  DO EET!

 - I've watched like 5 episodes of Magnum P.I. on Netflix.  I used to like that show because it felt like I was watching some real adult stuff at the time.  It's really not a bad show, it suffers/benefits from the 80's lack of polish and not every character on the screen is a super-sexy beautiful perfect skin looking mofo - there are some real people thrown in there!  I mean, Magnum is an absolute hunka-hunka burnin' love, but everyone else is hideous by today's standards.  If you want to find out what happens to Magnum in the end, you'll have to read the book!

 - Been playing Minecraft some, some Papers Please (see Steam for details), and I made the terrible mistake of picking up State of Emergency on Steam. It's an open world Zombie game, which I mistakenly read as 'procedurally created' a la Minecraft.  It's basically GTA with zombies and supplies.  Not a bad concept but I'm REALLY tired of that sort of control and game style.  "You Are Being Hunted, Sir" IS a procedurally created game where you need to hide from 19th century British hunter-styled robots on a series of islands where you need to collect bits of a 'sploded machine while collecting supplies and trying to live.  It's pretty fun, but I haven't touched it in weeks.

 - I've been spending a lot of time doing work things as recreation.  The security field sort of lends itself to being a fun hobby on the side since much of what I'm 'playing with' I can't really use for work.  So while it sounds like I've been doing a lot of gaming, I haven't.  Oh, and I've had some sort of sleeping sickness where I go to bet at like 9pm consistently.  I think it's called 'aging', or some shit.