Monday, December 03, 2012

| Minecraft Update

Been working on stuff with my two little helpers. Haylee loves to organize flowers and do agriculture stuff, Bennett is definitely the "LET'S GET TO THE BAT CAVE AND KILL ALL THE BAD GUYS!" ...guy. lol

So the Rocket Ship is more or less structurally finished. There are some aesthetic changes I'd like to make but overall it's complete. The top of the ship is 1 block short of the absolute build-limit (top of the sky). I'm not even quite sure how many blocks it took.. but it was a lot. The interesting phenomena I ran into with the cloud layers bisecting the project was that it made it nearly impossible to check my progress from the ground unless I traveled across the valley to my neighbor's house (whoever has that nifty house with the giant spiral on top of it). From THAT vantage point, I could see the entirety of the rocket because the topmost portion of his spiral stairs poked above the cloud layer.

Anyhow. The Rocket has an engine room, engineering control, two boosters, a huge storage bay (or whatever it might be turned into), a middle section good for observation, and then the topmost portion which is split into several decks. I started with the topmost portion, then realized it wasn't visible from the ground and then made plans to extend the whole body of the thing down A LOT.

The engineering control is setup such that you place lava "cores" into their assigned places and they go through the engine room and spit out of the bottom of the rocket, looking like, well, flames or something. lol.

The problem I ran into was that my previous gravity-drop to the surface was no longer effective because the water wasn't wide / deep enough at the point of impact. I tried to turn off the lava flow at that point to allow myself room to fix it... not realizing that it would take FOREVER for the lava to disappear. Tried to stomp it out by building "down" with blocks... but man.. that's a RISKY proposition, lol. Nearly flooded my underground complex more than once. So I've kind of resigned myself to just hanging out in-game and paying attention to the glacial-rate of recession.

At least all this waiting has given me some free time to work on the underground complex / castle. Even has a secret Bat Cave! lol

Now that it's more or less done, I guess I can go google "The End" and see what we need to do. Maybe Elzar or Aaaaaaaron can tell me what the objectives are (and what we've already accomplished?)