Wednesday, November 07, 2012

| BI-WINNING

I am very proud of Washington State today for passing pro-liberty and equality measures while at the same time voting for a constitutional amendment that would require a 2/3rds majority vote to raise taxes.

Marijuana has now been decriminalized (and legalized for commercial sale even, with licensing and distribution monitored by the state). Huge blow to the ridiculous and ineffectual "War on Drugs".

Marriage-equality for same-sex couples was passed as well. Yay for not being douchebags!

Honestly, I was kind of holding my breath on both of these items, being sure that the 'necks and the righty-right folks would kill them.. but it looks like the time has come for both issues. Going to be interesting to see how the Feds handle a state legalizing a Schedule I drug, lol.

And for BI-WINNING:

I beat FTL on "Normal" today. How crazy is that. I had the Crystal Cruiser (Type B). Managed to survive the first couple of sectors (which ain't easy)... got luckly and picked up a Hull Laser II (3 shots) and 2 x Burst II lasers (6 total shots)... so I was able to pump out 9 shots per volley which was highly effective.

However, up until the final mothership, I pretty much just relied on my boarding party to neutralize their weapons systems and then take out their crew to win. The crystal-people are hella bad asses for that tactic with their lockdown special ability and high hit points.

/cool story bro