Wednesday, October 24, 2012

| FTL > Artemis

I liked Artemis, I liked the social aspect of the game, I liked sitting in one room together goofing around and playing Star Trek house.  But the piece that was missing from the game to make it more like Star Trek was EVERYTHING ELSE THAT HAPPENS NOT ON THE BRIDGE.

Without there being a story aspect to Artemis, it's just not much more that a clunky (and social) version of FTL, but without the RPG elements.  Even if Artemis had some minor text driven missions and 'pause' screens where the players interact with a choose your own adventure-like story component it would make Artemis that much cooler.

I feel like I'm selling Artemis short because we didn't really take it seriously enough or gave it enough attention to get a good feel for what it had to offer, but I suspect it's not THAT MUCH more that we played through.

PS I feel sad for Kickstarter projects that fail miserably.