Monday, November 22, 2010

| We like to dance the moshing

... what the heck was that from again? Last time I did any time "in da pit" was at the last NoFX show I went to. I went crowd surfing and promptly got dropped right on my knee. Grumble grumble stupid deceptively heavy frame mumble mumble.

Congrats on the nephew Ryan! Kids without having too much responsibility for them, yay! Let's hope for your sister's sake that the kid is not 6'15" or whatever at birth. If that were the case, a C-section would be warranted: fact.

Based on Rude's recommendation I picked up Super Meat Boy last week and hoo boy does it have me by the balls. Basically the premise is this. You are a cube of meat in a horrible, horrible world who is born to lose, but you are eternally optimistic in the face of the continuous bullshit thrown at you. It's a lot like me and my job. The game is a platformer, a bunch of levels that are really short (none take more than 15-30 seconds once you have them figured out), but very very hard (it might take you a few dozen tries to figure out how to do those 30 seconds). Really sadistically hard... although the game is "fair," in the sense that it doesn't kill you with bullshit out of the blue. Part of the fun is seeing the challenges before you and going, "fuuuuuuuuu...". So it's tough, but you can always go work on other levels if you are stuck, and there's a TON of secret bonus stuff. Bonus levels, secret characters, it's sort of awesome how many weird secrets there are to find, many of which are humorously retro or just plain weird takes on old-school gaming platform (there's a set of levels that looks like it's taking place on a gen 1 Gameboy, etc.).

Anyway, I like it! I think there's a demo, check it out!