Monday, September 06, 2010

Youre right! sorry, it was Dominion, not Imperial. Dominion was the 2009 game of the year. Thunderstone is a role playing variant of the card system Dominion. I brought that up because I knew you would be interested. The guy at the dealer room was introducing me to the games and it seemed interesting. I was a stone throw short of buying it partly to support the persistant business owner of the empty dealer room. It was awkward not buying anything but 60 bucks for another game I would eventually be parting on Ebay. Less hassles.



Excilis was definitely much better in person. Parsing it on internet video streaming didn't get the overall UI and feel of having the actual miniatures and computer on the table.

my thought however, and I might actually work on this can you imagine using Iphones or Android phones, tablets, instead of laptops which are bulky for competitive, bluetooth interface. Second, Excilis confined itself to the limitations of the board and used the software only a tool. My idea is rather, get rid of the confinement of the board. You can make complete software game including card management, resource management, and even strategy management on the software portion. The game itself adds the visuals, but also you need to have physical inputs into the software, in order for the game to manifest itself completely. Did I lose anyone?



Jon, another reason I think I had a good time at this con was I didn't limit myself to Axis and Allies and shogun. I actually went around playing different games, learning and perusing different mechanic/game systems. Also I befriended a lot of people and was invited to join two separate meetup.com gaming groups, one in pomona and one in Thousand Oaks. From different walks of life.



Anyway, it was cool.

Wait did you meet the owner of Kublacon or Strategicon?