Monday, February 22, 2010

| because twitter ain't got enough letters...

Secret Tweet to Crime Biter re: ME2

Planets! Scanning! If you sit there and scan an entire planet (and deplete all it's resources) then yeah, might take 10 minutes. At some point you get a chance for an upgrade to the scanner which makes it move faster but for the most part, unless the scan comes up RICH, you probably don't need to waste your time. I ended the game with hundreds of thousands of bonus minerals I never needed. Then why scan? Honestly, it was kinda theraputic and being the 'sperglord that I am, I NEEDED to know that I'd explored systems 100%. Also, I loved reading the descriptions, they're great. AND it's the only way you're going to find most of the side missions which are for the most part fantastic (it tells you right away when you orbit a planet if there's an anomaly - otherwise regular scanning is just for minerals.) But how I scanned was sorta half-assed in an up and down left to right grid and just pulsed the left trigger every sec or so. That way you move across the surface faster and if you see hits on the meter then you can slow down and hunt for it.

tldr: video games, zzz