Monday, October 19, 2009

I'll hopefully be getting Borderlands by Wed from my game rental sight, so would be awesome to do some co-op with you. I gotta say, I also have a PS3 and been playing a ton of Uncharted 2. It's a friggen INCREDIBLE game! It is so good and looks amazing and plays so fun and it really feels like you're in control of a really good Indiana Jones type of movie. Wow! Also, Batman: Arkham Asylum is really excellent. The melee combat in it is just fun and brutal and you really just feel like such a badass being all stealth and taking out all these thugs. Brutal Legend from Tim Schafer (Grim Fandago, Psychonauts, Full Throttle) is kind of a bummer. Story-wise it seems really funny and full of great writing. It's the heavy metal one with Jack Black. He's pretty hilarious and it's just a rad idea for a world, but the actual GAME is not very fun, especially with these other high-caliber games out there. It's something like a God of War clone with the hack n' slash but I guess it also has Real Time Strategy segments. I dunno, it's sorta open-worldy too. Just wasn't having fun with the actual game portions and was just tolerating that to get to the next cutscene. Play the demo, it's pretty funny and gives you enough of a taste.

Watched Watchmen on Blu Ray for the first time last night. It was alright! Not like movie of the year material or anything, but also not totally offensively bad or anything. I remember there being talk of Terry Gilliam wanting to do a 12 hour mini-series of the comic but I was struggling to make it through 3 hours on this one, don't think I'd need 12 hours! But overall I think it did a good job of telling the story and I liked all the performances.