Monday, September 21, 2009

| In all likelihood, a chilling harbinger of things of come

So I was just biting one of my nails -- yeah, real great habit there, Jr0n -- when I think, "hey, this fingernail is awfully hard." Then I realize, it's not my fingernail. It's part of my tooth. And then a whoooooole bunch more tooth comes out. Basically the bottom half, of the back, of my upper left lateral incisor crumbled out like a bunch of broken chalk.

It's not painful at all, and the "frame" of the tooth is still there, so you can't tell anything is wrong from looking at it, but... holy shit.

This is actually kind of a novel experience because I have never had any significant problems with my teeth prior to this. I kind of lucked out at a young age. I never had any cavities and didn't have to get much dental work done, beyond having my wisdom teeth out, and having a retainer which I stopped using after I accidentally threw it in a fire.

I'm sure tomorrow is going to be, in the parlance of the Bay Area, HELLA fun.