Saturday, August 08, 2009

| doctor says I need a backeotomy

Can't wait to hear your gripping tales of island passion!

So last week Enron helped me buy a TV.

Me: I want to buy a TV.
Enron: I did three hours of research at work and I think you should buy this one.
Me: OK.
Enron: Now let's watch Mythbusters clips on YouTube.
Me: OK.

It got here yesterday and it is amazing. It's a 42" plasma, which really did not look all that big in the store, but now that it is here in my apartment, looks completely mammoth. If it were 1" bigger it would be too large. It also makes the living room about 2 degrees warmer, which is a plus. I haven't played too many games on it yet, but I did fire up Bioshock for about an hour and it looks ridiculously incredible. The TV has very nice sound too. So thanks again for that Enron.

I also played Rock Band for the first time in about three months and my skills have dropped WAY off. I am terrible now. After the first couple botches I thought it was the calibration, so I recalibrated the game. I actually just got worse after that.

In other news:
- I seem to have hurt my back setting up the TV. Fortunately the way to recuperate is by spending my time lying down and watching the same TV. Self-correcting problem!

- I'm finally playing my copy of Chrono Trigger on the DS and it's so fun. I think this is probably the best JRPG that exists. It's charming, short, it has satisfyingly tough fights without requiring any grinding and it's generally low-bullshit. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot!

- I am so, so close to finally finishing the first draft of a script that I've been working on for about four months. Maybe about a week of work. I'm excited about it.

- After extensive discussion with Enron, the new proposed time for either Man-Con, or a one-day Assault on Aptos, is sometime Labor Day Weekend (which is 9/4-9/7 this year). All in favor?