Wednesday, June 03, 2009

| Video gamez

I sort of tuned into the twitter/videocast of the big E3 press conferences on Monday, and then just watched the Giant Bomb summary of Day 0 at E3. Cool things coming out, and a lot of cool looking games, and all that, but I still just wanna play boardgames. Boo.

I am trying to get my garage organized and am going through a new round of junk that was brought to my house that was my mom's, so there is ever more crap piling up in the garage trying to defeat my attempts to make it a soundproof gaming room with couch and wargame table. But I am working on it. Until I get a space carved out, I just can't see getting a gold membership because the way my house is designed, my voice carries through the house because we only have one door that closes off Wylies room (the rest of the house is just doorways), and the living room shares the headboard wall of Wylie's room, so voice chat is a no-no at night. But i'm getting there.

What I really need is a fire to ravage this place so I don't have to go through stuff anymore and can just be done with it. Not really, but sort of. Be careful what you wish for and all that, but still. Maybe someone could break into the house while we are all at work and school, and then unload all the boxes in the garages, donate it all to goodwill, and be done with it. That would be ideal, because the crap that I have in there I don't really even know about until I see it, and only then do I care about keeping it. Me want clean slate.

We should do a tinychat.com sometime. It's like our dreams of playing D&D through webcams are coming true! I know there is a way to use it while playing a game somehow to fully recreate the face to face gaming experience, only we won't need to wear pants.