Friday, May 08, 2009

I have Dark Spire Dennis and it is a very excellent game. It's pretty hard and I gave up having only fully explored the first floor and parts of two others, but I'll go back to it soon. It's a total Wizardry throw-back and it even has a wire-frame mode you can swap into at any time (the "modern" mode looks almost EGA-graphics ish which is rad.) If you end up liking it Dennis, check out the games Etrian Odyssey. Same developers and the gimmicks with those two games (there's a 1 and a 2) is that you have to do all your own mapping on the bottom screen. Otherwise another tough as shit old-school dungeon crawl. I like 'em both.

SOMETHING ELSE I totally like is the new Pop Cap game Plants vs Zombies. There's a 1-hour demo on Steam and it's only $10 bucks to buy through steam ($20 bucks if you buy it at Pop Cap's site.) AWESOME GAME!!! It's sort of a tower defense game but super cute and zombies and hella cool plants and it's just something you have to demo to "get." TOTALLY solid though and super fun/worth $10 bones. FUCKing watch this GD'ing video. I think I linked it previously but so cute and good! (Play the demo off steam, it's rad.)