Saturday, April 26, 2008

I wonder if like a handheld tape/digital recorder would be good enough for a con podcast, haha. That'd be fun, we could do nightly recaps of the day.

I've just casually started listening to some video game podcasts. A good one is the Games for Windows one from the guys at 1up.com (the brodeo... hurr..) Their magazine just got canned (Games for Windows, formally known as Computer Gaming World) so the one I was listening to was just after they found out so they were reminiscing and just talking about the industry. Interesting and funny stuff. I guess overall it's supposed to be a good podcast (I guess they get paid to do it being a part of 1up.com) and they're all writers and pretty well spoken/goofy.

I also listened to a Song of Ice and Fire podcast that just started up with people from the Something Awful thread about the books. It's not that great. They use Skype, so sound levels are rough and it's a little too loose and unformatted. But it's interesting to see what works and what doesn't.

What sparked my interest in podcasts again was, I was eating lunch the other day at some outdoor area and the table next to me was a bunch of old brauds talking about their cell phones. They were pretty much all wrong about the technology and shit that they were telling each other, but one of them brought up how you can download podcasts to your iphone. That led them to explaining what a podcast was to another lady, and that was some awkward shit to listen to. I really wanted to butt-in, but nah. Anyways, interest re-sparked.

GTA4 comes out Tuesday. That shit looks cool. Never owned a GTA before, but I'm seriously considering getting this one, AND getting the xbox live gold subscription. There's gonna be what sounds like fun 16 player multiplayer modes, so if I get the game and it's cool, I might hafta go online.

Holyshit, I been playing a ton of Puzzle Quest. It kinda gets old after awhile, but it's very easy to come back to. They really nailed it with that game.

Rented that show Extras. It's pretty fuckin' hilarious. Sheesh, they really know who to do that uncomfortable stuff so well. The first episode, he's at a catholic prayer meeting even though he's an atheist. Oh my gosh, that scene is incredible.