Monday, January 28, 2008

| There Will Be Blood = Fine Film

I have been going to the movies a lot lately. If I have an especially shitty day at work, I will find my way over to the movie theater and watch a movie solo. It is a very cathartic thing to do. During the week, there is hardly anyone there, and it's really mellow. Here are two films that I particularly enjoyed...

There Will Be Blood:
Watching Daniel Day Lewis act is like watching Michael Jordan play basketball or Wayne Gretzky play hockey. He is just a cut above the rest. He seriously made There Will Be Blood amazing just like the way he made a kind of so-so movie like Gangs of New York amazing. It is a little long, but go see this movie.

Kite Runner:
I loved this book, and unlike most adaptations, the movie was very true to it. It is about the bonds of friendship and how something as powerful as the Taliban can't keep family apart. Go see this movie. Super intense.

On another note, it looks like my girls' water polo team is going to go to CIF. We just have to win 3 more games which we should win anyway. We will finish 13-14 and 6-4 in league (third place). This is Torrance's first trip to the playoffs since 2003-2004, which is a big deal. Just thought I should brag.

Did it rain last week?